Update February 5, 2021

 Testing of residents and staff has been completed this week and we are happy to report that there were no positive test results.  We will continue with testing residents again next week as it is still within the 14 day window of the last positive staff test result. If there are no new positive test results  next week, we will discontinue resident testing.   Staff is still being tested twice a week due to the high county positivity rate.  Today, the reported positivity rate in Lancaster County is 9.9%.  This is the first week in many months that Lancaster County has dropped below 10%. However, under the current guidance, we are required to continue with the twice weekly testing of staff for two weeks.  Our guidance requires us to continue testing at this rate until the county positivity rate remains under 10% for two weeks.

We will be holding our second COVID-19 vaccine clinic tomorrow for residents and staff.  All residents and staff who received their first injection on January 16th will complete the vaccine series tomorrow when they get the second dose.  Any new residents or staff who are receiving their first dose tomorrow will get their second dose in the third and final clinic on February 27th.  This will end our partnership with Walgreen's through the Federal Pharmacy Partnership Program. (FPP) Going forward, our partner pharmacy, Brockie Pharmatech will be supplying our COVID-19 vaccines for new staff and new admissions. Additionally, those who declined the vaccine may also request to receive the vaccine if they choose to do so in the future.

The vaccine has brought new hope after this long fight with COVID-19. Unfortunately, though we are moving towards life as we used to know it, we must still follow the recommended precautions.  We continue to wear PPE and follow infection control guidance established by the CDC, CMS, and the PA DOH.  Testing will continue as previously stated.  While residents are enjoying communal dining and activities under guidance from CMS and PA DOH, we have not yet been able to re-open for indoor visits due to the high county positivity rates.  Now that the rate has dropped below 10%, we will begin discussions about resuming indoor visits.  We will provide an update on indoor visitation status next week. 

Have a nice weekend!

Sharon Eyster, MA, ACBSW, CNHA, FACHCA

Director of Operations


Popular posts from this blog

Update April 15, 2020

April 17, 2020

Daily Update April 22, 2020